Monday, October 15, 2012

Why didn't I get here sooner

    I'm sure we have all gone to an antique store, flea market, or thrift store and saw someone walking around with something we wish we saw first. Well that was the story of my weekend. There was a painting a woman carried around for thirty minutes and refused to put down, even though it looked heavy. It was priced at $50 and I heard her asking the salesman if they would mark it down in the future. He told her they may in a week or so. Guess she couldn't wait and she brought it. Second store I went to there was a woman scooping up all of the Fiestaware saucers and bowls. I guess she had second thoughts and started putting them back. Right when she moved out of the way I started to scoop them all up. Some man saw me and said "Great find huh? Fiestaware?" The answer is yes to both. Third, was a red suitcase. A customer got there first and I was mentally willing her to put it back. She did. Now it's mine, all mine.



Isn't the inside pretty?  I don't know who makes it or if it's vintage.


 
I also found these nativity figurines for .99 each. They are signed with what appears to be Josepi Sackica. If you know anything about these please let me know. I can't find anything online. 
 

4 comments:

  1. That suitcase is lovely! And I love, love, love when someone who grabbed an item you were eyeing has a sixth sense about how much you wanted it and it and returns it the shelf... lol

    <3 Jackie @ Let's Go Thrifting!
    http://LetsGoThrifting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. Yes, it's so great when that happens. Wish that could have happend with the customer carrying the art.

      Delete
  2. I've wanted people to put things back on the shelf, but it hasn't happened to me yet! Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's not the norm for me. Like you said, guess I was lucky.

      Delete