Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Found everything I was looking for

Do you recognize that face? Yes, that is a Hummel. I know they are not as valuable as they were fifteen or so years ago but I was thrilled to have found him. He was in one of the bins at the Goodwill by the pound store. I don't know how he survived without being broken. I know the picture makes it seem as if the doll has one leg but they both are there. I think this figurine may have cost around 10 cents.




I have been looking for a pair of these Minnetonka shoes with the design on them. I have two pairs without the designs. I have been considering buying them online but that would take the thrill out of the hunt. Well today the hunt is over. I found these at the GW by the pound store. They totaled $2.58.





I found a bunch of these gnome plates and glasses a week ago. I brought seven of the plates and five of the glasses. They appear to have never been used. The plates were .59 each and glasses .29 each. I found 4 plates online for $39. Guess I got a great deal.  The napkin is by Vera I picked it up to sell but they matched so well, I used them.




8 comments:

  1. Love it all: the moccasins, the hummel, but especially that gnomeware!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, three great finds! 10 cents for a Hummel? Fantastic!! I would have bought all three also. I just saw a billboard for a Goodwill by the pound store coming to our area, can't wait to check it out. I have never been to one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Goodwill by the pound store but it can get a little crazy. You will be able to find some great things I'm sure. Be sure to let me know how your first time there goes.

      Delete
  3. Gnomes....oh how I love them. I love the GW by the pound store, but I can get intimidated at times when it becomes a full contact sport. Great finds
    Aleza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. Omg, GW pound store can get crazy. It is also worth it. I also agree, gnomes are great.

      Delete
  4. Wow - can't believe you found that Hummel undamaged! I wish we had a by the pound GW store. I've been to one once when I was out of town and had a lot of fun digging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my site. I have your blog saved to my favorites and I stop by everyday to read your posts. Yeah, I was amazed the Hummel was undamaged. I was also surprised no one brought it yet. It wasn't marked Hummel, it just had the Hummel stamp. Gw by the pound stores are fun but the one here gets kind of crazy.

      Delete